Why Don't You Like Us?
8 Easy Ways To Increase Your Fan Base
Everyone hopes that once they create a Facebook Fan Page, hundreds, or possibly thousands of the 800 million current users will discover it and click the “like” button. Though this usually is not the case, there are ways that you can improve your fan base and lure the right people to your page.
1. Post A Status Update - Ask your friends on your personal page if they would like to become a part of your fan page community.
2. Create A Landing Page - Create this important first impression for your page. Using iFrames, we will brand your page with a “Welcome” screen, encouraging “likes”.
3. Install A “Like Box” - Create a customized Like Box window in your facebook page admin area that you can use on your personal or business website, allowing customers to like your page off of Facebook.
4. Use Status Update Tagging - Tag any page that you are a fan of on Facebook in a post by hitting the @ symbol and typing the name of the desired page. The name of the tagged page will be highlighted in your post as a link to that particular page.
5. Utilize Traditional Media - Mention your Facebook page in your Television commercials, in the company newsletter, or your next magazine ad.
6. Offer An Incentive - Utilizing iFrames and dynamic landing pages, create content that is only visible to fans after they hit “like”.
7. Engage In Online Video - A short welcome video introducing your company or brand can be a very effective tool in portraying your image to the masses.
8. Start A Facebook Ad Campaign - Target ads on Facebook to your specific demographic and interest group with the help of the Sutherland Weston team.
Friendly Facebook Tip
The “Invite Friends” Feature
Increase awareness of your page by asking friends to join your facebook community. If you go to your fan page, and click “Invite Friends”, an invitation to “like” your page will be sent to the friends that you select.
Best Practices: This feature is only deemed effective one time, as multiple requests to friends can be a turnoff.
Need help implementing these tips and suggestions? Sutherland Weston can help you with all of your Social Media needs.
6 State St. Suite 102
Bangor, ME 04401
Ph: (207) 945-9999
Fx: (207) 945-3636
Tell The Story Right
EBOOK: How to Master Facebook Marketing In 10 Days